- Life Cycle Biology
- Mosquito stage biology
- Vaccine Design
- Molecular Epidemiology & population genetics
- Drug Resistance & Drug Development
- New Tools
We welcome you to submit an abstract to the MAM 2024 Conference! Abstracts should be 350 words maximum.
There are three presentation formats on offer at the Conference. You will be able to select a format that will suit you and your presentation.
1) Oral Presentation
You are allocated 15 minutes, which includes 12 minutes of presentation and 3 minutes for questions and answers from the floor, to be held at the conclusion of each session.
2) Flash Talk
You are allocated 3 minutes. This presentation format you will not be allowed to have more than 3 slides for your presentation.
Poster presenters have the option of providing an A0 (841 x 1189 mm) portrait poster. This will be displayed at the poster viewing sessions throughout the event.
All authors who have their abstract accepted for presentation must register and pay for their attendance, at a minimum, for the day of the Conference on which they are presenting. Accepted presenters will be given access to the Early Bird Registration rates.
MAM 2024 will be providing travel awards to selected applicants who apply during the abstract submission process. The funds are to be used for expenses incurred in travelling to and attending Molecular Approaches to Malaria 2024 Conference, Lorne Australia, February 18-22, 2024.
Award winners must prepare a report including a brief outline of the matters covered and the benefits gained from your participation for the funders and submit it to the MAM 2024 Chairs within 30 days of your return from the conference.
To be eligible you must have no more than 10 years full time equivalent (FTE) years from enrolment of PhD.
Travel Awards close on 18 August 2023.
- Log in to the Presentation Portal via the Conference Website. You will need to create an online account first – enter your email address and password.
- You will be taken to a screen from which the submission process starts. Please read the instructions on this screen carefully. You will need to update your details before you can submit your abstract.
- Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process. Each step asks several questions. Some questions are marked “required”, and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered.
- If you stop part way through the process, your submission will be held in temporary storage until you return and complete all the questions. When you log in again you can click on your incomplete proposal and resume submission.
Make sure that you submit your proposal by agreeing to the Terms and Conditions before pressing the “submit” button, any proposals left in ‘draft’ mode will not be submitted for review. You will receive a confirmation email for each successful abstract submitted. If you do not receive an email, log in again to check your proposal in “Edit Abstract/s”. Please note once you have submitted your abstract you cannot edit it again. However, you can leave your submission in “draft” mode and make changes up until the time you submit it.
Amending a Submission in “draft” mode
You may wish to change your answers to some of the questions on the submission form, or even change the abstract itself.
- Log in to the presentation portal, and click on the “Edit Abstract/s” tab.
- You will see a list of the proposals that you have in draft mode or have submitted. Click on the “Edit” button next to the draft abstract you wish to change and submit.
- Amending an abstract is just the same as for the original submission process, except that the online form will be automatically completed with the answers that you provided previously. You don’t have to change an answer if you do not wish.
- When you reach the final ‘Submit’ step, click on the button stating that you “Agree to the Terms and Conditions” and click “Submit”. If this button is not available, look at the steps on the left-hand table and address the missing information that does not have a tick.
Prior to the Conference
- All presenters must be registered.
- Prepare your PowerPoint presentation in 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Save your presentation to a USB for upload in the Speaker Preparation Room onsite.
- Please do not send your presentation to Leishman Associates prior to the Conference.
At the Conference
- Collect your name badge from the MAM Registration Desk located at the foyer of the convention centre upon arrival.
- Check-in to the Speaker Preparation Room, which is located in Boardroom 2, prior to your scheduled session to ensure your presentation is uploaded and all presenter requirements have been satisfied. Your presentation must be uploaded at least 2 hours before your scheduled presentation time; this may mean the day before your presentation.
- If you have audio and/or video in your presentation, please ensure you have the files saved separately as embedding the media does not always include them in the PowerPoint file. This will allow the Technical Team to re-embed and/or change the format of the video onsite if needed.
- If you are using custom fonts not found in the standard system fonts, please use the “Embed fonts in file” feature found in Save As/tools/save options. This will ensure that your fonts travel with the PowerPoint file when saved.
- Please ensure the contents of your presentation including photos, data, graphs etc. are generated by yourself, referenced or the appropriate owner has granted you permission to include their work for educational purposes.
- It’s important to note that presentations cannot be uploaded in the plenary room. It is your responsibility to check that your presentation has been loaded and is displayed correctly prior to the commencement of your session.
Each room will be equipped with the following:
- Data projector
- Laser pointer
- Laptop (presenter view)
- Wi-Fi access
If you require anything additional to the above, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to meet your request.
During your session
- Arrive in the session room 10 minutes before the start of your session to introduce yourself to the session chair.
- The Session Chair will introduce you and your presentation title, so there is no need for you to repeat this.
- The Session Chair will keep you on time.
- Each session room is equipped with a windows-based PC, data projection facility and speaker monitor. Be sure to test your presentation in the Speaker Preparation Room.
After the Conference
Your PowerPoint slides (PDF Format) will be posted on the MAM 2024 website post-conference. You are required to give your permission for your presentation to be uploaded to the conference website.